Saturday, May 9, 2009

SOTU by DM

It has been already a while that I have been asking myself why I find so exciting go buying a new record. I remember the first K7 that I bought with my very owned budget (it was actually a gift from my grandma Margot who always said yes to my petitions). Creatures of the night by Kiss...I was about eight or nine years old when I started to be interested in insane music and it has never stopped since.

In a electronic era in which iPods and downloading are giving pleasure to lazy folks, I prefer to go shopping to a record store. I used to have a favorite one in my native Caracas (aka Crack-ass) and in Montreal I have some choices but the store is not that important when I find what I am looking for.

Today, my dearest Nabe gave me a present after some petitions. Maybe, the same petitions that my grandma heard many years ago: please let's buy some music! In this case it was the latest and the most complete deLuxe Box Set of Sounds of the Universe by Depeche Mode.

A particular feeling installs when I am at the counter to make slide the debit/credit card (or someone's else). It is like life stops to wait for something that will exceed expectations. In this case, SOTU not only exceeds expectations but creates new ones.

On July 25th, we will be among some folks who will be expecting to see on stage one of the most influencing bands of the modern music. We just can't wait to see some insane music played live and confirm that we are all WRONG!

http://www.depechemode.com/sotu_box_set.html

2 comments:

  1. Carlos... congrats!!!! I knew you firts post couldn't go WRONG!!! As if you were insane or suffering some uncontrollable habit..... keep on feeding your dementia...

    ReplyDelete