Friday, May 15, 2009

There is only one Peach with the hole in the middle!

I have never ridden a Harley but I must recognise that some Peaches' songs make me feel that I am riding one. This is the case with Rock Show, Rock 'n Roll, Boys Wanna Be Her, Kick it and the latest Show Stopper.

I have seen Peaches live twice. The first show was in her native TO in May 2004 while I was in the middle of an unexpected travel with unexpected individuals and with an unexpected company. That show made me feel that I was just in front of something unique, as the travel itself.

Peaches (and her native crowd, Torontonians) confirmed me that Glen Benton has still some way to walk through to offer an amazing rock show. Nothing diabolic but sexy, hardcore sexy. Hardcore sensual. Hardcore Peaches!

Two years later I saw her in MTL. The drummer, an incredible tomboy put the show to the top and the crowd, this time a better one (obviously, Montrealers) made me feel I was in the middle of something really special. A real rock show! Only Wendy O. Williams (R.I.P) could outshine her!

Peaches is an excellent performer. She gives the best of herself to offer the best she can get. However, I Feel Cream (her latest album) did not convinced me at the first spin...now she is proud to have no guitar played but in my case I need her in the same insanity in which she created her first album.

On Monday, we will see if she is that hairy as we expect and if Samantha will be there. Something that I know is, that nobody would better fill the opening act as Frigid. Drums of Death, Eagles of Death Metal or what-who ever Death available will never replace the feeling of a real rock show putting those borderline individuals together.

In 2004, I did not expect nothing from the show, nothing from this country, nothing from TO, nothing from nobody...but I expected lots from MTL. Coming back to MTL was so/some special and I will never forget the ride. Not on a Harley but on a mental motorcycle.

But now, I expect something from the show!

http://www.peachesrocks.com/
http://www.plasmatics.com/
http://www.frigidworld.com/
http://www.theunexpectedtravel.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment